GDD is thinking of YOU during these unprecedented times. Here is a list of the things we are doing to protect you as best as we possibly can:
1. Class sizes are limited to 24 students, spaced 6' apart with "X" spots marked on the floor so students stay a safe distance from each other. Parents and families are asked to watch their students either from the comfort of their vehicle or outside on the supplied benches/chairs. This limits the number of people inside the building to no more than 28 at any given time, which is far less than the CDC recommendations for our square footage.
2. Students wait outside the door until the first class exits so there is no mingling in the lobby area. Once the previous class is fully outside, students are welcomed in. Staff hold the door open and do a visual check for any symptoms of illness. Staff then apply (1) pump of hand sanitizer to each person as they enter. Students put their gear and shoes in the cubby and then are placed on the floor according to their rank.
3. Between each class, we disinfect the floor using a mix of alcohol, sanitizer, and water. At the end of the evening, we re-sanitize the floor and steam several times a week.
4. Bathrooms, cubbies, and the lobby area are sanitized (with particular attention paid to doorknobs, light switches, and all interior surfaces) before AND after all classes. Hand towels and mop heads are laundered every night.
5. We run an ionized air purifier (Nikken brand) round the clock which has been proven to filter the air and re-oxygenate the cleaned air back into the studio.
6. Ms. Maria has perfected the art of contactless self-defense and sparring. Students gain the skills for self-defense and sparring without touching each other.
We've asked all families to please monitor their children for illness and remain at home! Together, we can protect each other and limit the spread of COVID-19.